Only approved targets are allowed.
• Projectile/bullet containment. It is the
ultimate responsibility of every shooter to
ensure that the projectiles fired on their
range are contained within property
boundaries. Cross-firing at targets, not
directly in front of the shooter, is unsafe
and is not permitted.
• Shooting will be permitted at standard
paper targets only. Shooting at glass
objects, exploding targets, pyrotechnic
devices, etc. is prohibited.
• All targets should be secured on the
target frames set downrange.
• Personal target holders/frames are allowed but should be removed by the
shooter when finished.
• Shooting shotguns at target holders is not allowed. It destroys the target backer
(this is where you tape your targets) and ruins it for the next shooter.
• Uncontrolled rapid fire of any firearms is not permitted.
• Clay targets are allowed.
• All shooters must carry out their own refuse.
• Tannerite and other binary explosives are not allowed.
• Shooters should remove all targets and litter from the range at the end of their shooting session. This includes all spent shotgun hulls and centerfire casings.
Shooting steel gongs
• Minimum recommended shooting distance with a handgun is 25 yards. It is always better to shoot from farther away and move in closer while checking targets for impact damage.
• Minimum recommended shooting distance with a rifle is 100 yards. It is always better to shoot from farther away and move in closer while checking targets for impact damage, such as cratering.
• Be extremely cautious when shooting full metal jackets in calibers like 7.62x39 or higher at steel targets.
"The joy of living is his who has the heart to demand it."
1. Use of eye and ear protection is required by all persons while on the firing line (shooters, spotters, range officers, etc.).
2. All uncased firearms carried to and from the firing line must be empty of ammunition and actions open.
3. No alcohol allowed.
4. All vehicles must be parked in the parking area.
5. Club members only. Guests will be allowed to shoot once, and then they must apply for membership.
6. Plinking at bottles and cans is prohibited.
7. All refuse/targets will be removed by each shooter before the leave the range.
8. Open use of the range is prohibited during league functions.
9. Minors allowed only with an adult club member. Unsupervised minors will be asked to leave.
10. Armor piercing bullets and tracers are prohibited.
11. SAFETY FIRST. Report all unsafe activities to the range officer.
“It’s a bill of rights
not a bill of needs.”
SARPC Vice President
Slope Area Rifle and Pistol Club - PO Box 493 - Dickinson, ND 58602
Fun Shoot Dates
The club will be shooting falling plates on the following dates (weather permitting).
These matches are informal, lots of fun and a great way to improve your skills.
The range will be closed to open shooting during these events.
For more information contact
Dan Brown (701) 290-6046
2017 Fun Shoot Dates
Sat. February 4 - 10 AM
Sat. March 4 - 10 AM
Sat. April 1 - 10 AM
Sat. May 6 - 10 AM
Sat. June 3 - 10 AM
Sat. July 1 - 10 AM
Sat. August 5 - 10 AM
Sat. September 2 - 10 AM
This shoot will be held at The Belfield Range
Sat. October 7 - 10 AM
Sat. November 4 - 10 AM
Sat. December 2 -10 AM
All dates are subject to change
3 Gun matches, steel challenges or other events may be worked into this schedule. Call Dan for details.
Help us prevent target holder damage
Front side - the frame is deep with the target holder at the rear.
Backside - the target holder is inside a channel that holds it in place.
Please do not move target holders.
By moving a target holder away from a safety berm you may create a shooting scenario that is unsafe. Berms are in place to catch bullets.
By placing it the wrong way you can cause damage to the channel that holds the board with the target on it. When the channel is damaged we cannot change targets until it is repaired.
Thanks for your help.
Be aware of dry conditions.
If you smoke, make sure you put out your cigarettes.
Tracer ammunition is not allowed at the range.
Shooting is not allowed after dark.
October 2017 3 Gun Fun
with Dan, Scott, Brian, Ike, Jolene, Kaden and Connor
Photos by Jeremy Cox
Hunter Sight in Day
Saturday, November 4, 2017, 9am to 2 pm
The range is open to the public. Bring your own guns, ammo, eye and hearing protection.
For more information contact Dan Brown 701-260-6046.